Time to go Daffy this April!
Here’s our 2023 Daffy Days Calendar of Events. Check back periodically for new additions and updates.
Be sure to also check our Newport in Bloom facebook page.
April 2023 Events
- 1Daffodil Days Opening Ceremonies12:00 am - 12:00 amDaffodil Days Opening Ceremonies Saturday, April 1, 2023 Clarke Cooke House,24 Bannister’s Wharf, Newport, Rhode Island 02840 Noon – 1:00 p.m. Historic Clarke Cooke House on Bannister’s Wharf will be the scene of the 2023 Daffodil Days Opening Celebration. Newport’s Mayor and our 202 , ...Daffy Dog Paw-rade1:00 pm - 2:00 pmAnnual Daffy Dog Paw-rade Saturday, April 1, 2023 Black Dog, Bannister’s Wharf 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Gather up your beloved pooch and…. Dress her/him in daffy yellow attire (then have Fido dress you!) Head to Bannisters Wharf for the Daffodil Days Opening Ceremonies at noon. A , ...
- 8Daffodil Bike Ride9:30 am - 11:00 amDaffodil Bike Ride Saturday, April 8, 2023 Touro Park 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Come join the annual Daffodil Ride in celebration of Newport’s Daffodil Days! Decorate your bike, don your yellow jersey and join other daffy riders for an easy 4-mile ride to view beds of many of the 1,300,000 daf , ...
- 15Newport Rhode Races8:00 am - 3:00 pmNewport Rhode Races Saturday, April 15, 2023 Easton’s Beach, 175 Memorial Blvd 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Join us in the City-by-the-Sea for this stunning marathon, half marathon or 5K (Just call it a Dash through the Daffodils). The Marathon starts at 7:30 a.m. at Easton’s Beach in Newpor , ...
- 23Driving Miss Daffodil8:00 am - 12:00 amDriving Miss Daffodil Sunday, April 24, 2022 Easton’s Beach, 175 Memorial Blvd 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. The Audrain Automobile Museum partners with Newport’s Daffodil Days to host the 9th Annual Audrain Automobile Museum’s “Driving Miss Daffodil.” This is your opportunity to cruise pass , ...
- 25“Go Daffy” at Green Animals2:00 pm - 4:00 pmGo Daffy at Green Animals Topiary Garden Tuesday, April 25, 2023 Green Animals, 380 Cory’s Lane, Portsmouth 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Overlooking Narragansett Bay, this grand estate and gardens feature daffodils galore, plus a collection of topiaries including teddy bears, a camel, , ...
Get your daffy pin and daffy deals around town!
Window Decorating Competition
See our members. You could be one, too!
See different articles featuring our various activities!
Download the Map
An annual tradition
“Daffodil Days” began in 2012, inspired by requests of local merchants to celebrate the profusion of bright new daffodils that were starting to explode each April. “Rhode” races, a storefront window decorating contest, bike rally, doggie parade, garden tours, music concerts, and a “Driving Miss Daffodil” classic car parade became part of the many springtime festivities.
Newport’s Daffodil Days is an all-volunteer event, now part of Newport in Bloom, a non-profit organization that for 40 years has encouraged residents and businesses to beautify their gardens and public spaces with flowers.
If you choose to view the largest of the daffodil fields in Newport, please take pictures, not the flowers, so that all can enjoy.